top of page

Family based

Adjustment of Status:

The immigration status of a person while in the United States may be adjusted from a non-immigrant status - temporary with Conditional Permission to permanent immigrant status.

Residences and Green Card:

Having a green card, officially known as a permanent resident card, allows you to live and work permanently in the United States

Petition for immediate Relatives:

Immediate relatives include:

  • The spouses of U.S. citizens

  • The children (unmarried and under 21 years of age) of U.S. citizens

  • The parents of U.S. citizens at least 21 years old

  • Widows or widowers of U.S. citizens if the U.S. citizen filed a petition before his or her death or if the widow(er) files a petition within 2 years of the citizen’s death.

Fiance Visa:

If you are a citizen of the United States, who wishes to bring your foreign fiancé to the United States to marry, the appropriate visa application is the K-1 non-immigrant visa, also known as a fiance visa.


Naturalization is the way a person who is not born in the United States becomes a citizen of the United States. Before applying, you must meet some requirements. Depending on your situation, different requirements may apply to you. For more information. Call and make an appointment with our expert agents

General Eligibility Requirements

  • Be at least 18 years old at the time you file your application for Naturalization.

  • Be a permanent resident (have a “Green Card”) for at least 5 years.

  • Demonstrate continuous residence in the United States for at least 5 years immediately before the date you file your application.

  • Show that you have been physically present in the United States for at least 30 months out of the 5 years immediately before the date you file your application.

  • Show that you have lived for at least 3 months in the state or USCIS district where you apply. Students may apply for naturalization either where they go to school or where their family lives (if they are still financially dependent on their parents).

  • Be a person of good moral character.

  • Demonstrate an attachment to the principles and ideals of the U.S. Constitution.

  • Be able to read, write, and speak basic English.

  • Have a basic understanding of U.S. history and government (civics).

  • Take an oath of allegiance to the United States.

bottom of page